Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Nothing wrong with a nice profit on a parlay even if they both pay 2.80 or whatever. An old racetrack acquaintance who used to bet short priced horses used to say "You can't get that at a bank".

Sure beats losing.
I'm open to this, but would be interesting to try to find a few races
-1st see how well we predict $2.80
2nd - if we pass #1 , then what kind of win odds and odds rank are paying $2.80
3rd - see if i can beat you with Trifectas rather than show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle r View Post
I’m a former winner of Showvivor at SA. I’ve led late on another occasion. And in the current contest I’m one of 19 people to be perfect through 12 days. So, I’m pretty good at identifying mostly short priced horses who will hit the board and I can string a streak together (I think my winning streak was 24 or 25 days). I’ve obviously considered the merits of show betting. The thing is, in all but the short run, it never outperforms win betting on the same horses. If you’re a novice trying to learn the game while honing your handicapping, betting to win/place (which will also underperform just win betting but not as badly) is the better option. At least what you give up in ROI might be offset somewhat by helping you work through some of the psychological aspects of betting on horses. If you’re a more experienced player who seeks action and has been consistently wasting money betting the more difficult multi-leg wagers, maybe you can make a case for the extended show parlay as a replacement. It can give you the same type of action, you get to pick your own races and you might end up churning more and increase your rebate on some ADWs.
Very nice

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.