Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #29
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Stinky jocks or not, how does one explain the ride on J Train in the 1st last Monday (4/6)?

Somebody brought this race to my attention just now, so I looked on the board here to see if it was brought up...couldn't find anything.

The ride on that 9-5 horse would be a reason not to bet Fonner when other tracks open back up, that's for sure.

Somebody even thought enough about this race to put it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaTSlu-h5YQ

Below was my pre-race analysis of this race. Only 2 horses had any shot as the rest were awful. The winner was actually the odds on favorite and I also commented the $8.60 exacta was generous. I thought J Train was green and not intentionally held as it was his third LT race. But I could be wrong.

That being said, huge handles, huge carry-overs and tiny purses are a recipe for problems and the racing the last couple of weeks has been marred by non efforts. One of the leading jocks who will remain nameless but is always bet down has been floundering in the outside lanes despite a pronounced inside speed bias. Yesterday he appeared dead on every mount.

Like they used to do in my Monticllo Raceway days, buy a driver to simply go dead for the entire card. Much easier than race by race.

#2 Jtrain will get my Win money in what appears to be a 2 horse race. Better odds and more upside than #4
#4 Mr Big Shot....box with #2 in Exacta
2w ex box 24 dd 24/245
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)