Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Urban Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #43
HalvOnHorseracing

I live across the street from a reservoir which is home to about a million geese, a herd of coyotes, rabbits, rodents - the usual coyote meals. Our garbage pick-up is on Tuesday, but a lot of people put their garbage out Monday night, which often brings coyotes over.

I had a 100 pound labrador at the time. English lab, shorter legs than the American lab, heavier and a shorter muzzle. Very muscular. One night he sat by the door like he had to go out. As soon as I open the door the dog bolts for one of the coyotes that was working on a garbage bag. The coyote immediately takes off. My dog ran him to the edge of his territory. Meanwhile the coyote's partner tries sneaking around to my dog's back. My dog turned, the second coyote put on the brakes and took off. My dog didn't catch him but they didn't come back any time he was around.

I work at a golf course with a lot of environmentally sensitive areas. Lots of wildlife. A massive owl with a huge wingspan. A number of redtail hawks. There is a huge female hawk that has no fear of people. I've been within 10 feet of that hawk. Eventually she just walked into the environmental area. Big family of coyotes, geese, tons of snakes - mostly bull snakes, blue birds, hummingbirds, swallows that swoop right next to the cart trying to pick up insects the cart kicks up. One time on the first tee a guy cracked a low liner. The ball was about six inches off the ground and it hit a magpie 50 yards in front of the tee dead in the head. Killed him instantly.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)