Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #54
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Nice try. You referred to all five of them as "fraudulent." I think you need to take your own advice regarding critical thinking, as I'd just love to watch horses like St. Trinians and Switch take on TP allowance horses.
You really don't get it, do you? Do you even know what a metaphor is? Switch (3 for 10 lifetime) and Rinterval (3 for 25 lifetime) wound up as sprinters that started in the BC F&M Sprint at 8-1 and 55-1 and never exceeded a 100 Beyer. St Trinians was a low level handicapper at second tier courses in England before stepping up a bit on SoCal plastic but was trounced by males in the Santa Anita Handicap yet finished only a half length behind the queen. Then there's Taptam with a lifetime 9 for 31 who was beaten 10 1/2 and 14 lengths in her two previous graded stakes attempts but got to within 4 1/2 of Zenyatta. How about Dance To My Tune (4 for 35) with two listed stakes wins in Canada but able to stay within 1 1/4 lengths of "the greatest mare ever"? On further consideration I'd say not one of those fives races legitimately deserved a graded stakes designation. But that's what you get when you grade races months before they are run.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)