Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #360
mrsimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
mrsimo, you make excellent points, ones I should have already known about.

I was just getting my feet wet in options when I ran across the M3...I took the basic mechanics of the trade as I could find them, then started to apply them, really not knowing what I SHOULD know while doing this...

You explain quite nicely why I ran into trouble in 2016. And I think John Locke provides all sorts of ways to deal with an environment like that if you buy the complete method.

From what I was able to accomplish with the M3 while it was running good, I have no doubt his more complete M3 methodology would do even better.

I would have no qualms paying the guy $700 (I think that was the going rate last time I checked), but I just don't feel motivated enough to go back to options at the moment...

Did you purchase the method of JL? Or, like me, did you stumble across it in some obscure corner of the web, and then seek all the freely available info you could on the thing.
Unfortunately, I did not purchase the JL course (now the cost is more than doubled ).

I think today there is a lot of information available, learning the adjustments (and their purpose) one can finds the own ways to address the issues (backtesting the trade in OV accelerate the learning curve).

I found out the below adjustment (a baby butterfly) that might come in handy during strong up/down trend market (the graph is taken from a blog and the trade was taken during June 2016). The baby butterfly flats the t0 line but I have yet to figure out how it can be practically performed.

https://ibb.co/bCdVt7

BTW, I’m happy to bring forward the discussion and challenge this topic.

Last edited by mrsimo; 02-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
mrsimo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)