Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The cat I have now is 7. She is a 1/2 Siamese I got from a shelter. She got sick as a kitten within hours after I brought her home, most cats that had what she did don't make it. $500 vet bill and force feeding her milk 10x a day for a month saved her. Then I spent $300 on various types of food to try to get her to eat. She was lucky I was self employed working from home so I could give her 24-7 care. To this day she will only eat food that is $20 for a small bag and wants it fresh out of the bag 10 times a day. She pees on my bath mats and in my dirty laundry basket. She chewed the corners off my coffee table. She likes lay on my desk on top of whatever paperwork I am doing. If I close her out of the office she beats on the door until I give in.
In the summer time when I sleep with no covers or socks she bites my feet and it wakes me up and I am an insomniac. She also throws up at least two times a week, and always on the carpet.

I have probably had a dozen cats in my 56 years on this planet and Rocket is probably more trouble than all the others combined. Not very grateful for the fact that I saved her life. I looked at a bunch of cats at the shelter and picked her. As a man of my word I own my decision and make the best of it. I have quite a few health problems lately and girlfriend said I need to live at least another 8 years for that cat as if I go so does she. I don't think my girlfriend got over the fact the cat peed on her expensive tennis shoes and even climbed up on a shelf to do it.
You're a good man. I had a dachshund named Skip, who had many health problems. I never minded one bit having to care for him, no matter the expense or time needed out of my day. At the age of 18, when dementia took over, he became blind, and was already deaf , I couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore, I had to have him euthanized. It was done at my home , so he wouldn't have to go through the stress of the trip to the veterinary clinic. When I hear the song" Mr BoJangles" and it comes to the part that says "after 20 years he still grieves", I think of me and how I will feel for the rest of my life about my beloved Skip.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)