Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 06:32 AM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money

Respect your opinions, but I would have wanted about 400-1 on Money Moves for an overlay.

He's a handsome, solid, one-paced type, who should be a decent racehorse.
I have love for Lapenta - I still own the alligator shoes and belt from "Dialed In's" Florida Derby.

Always fun when you have a bit of a 'wildcard', but we've really seen him enough to see that he doesn't have gears or anything flashy.

The wildcard factor, the striking name "Money Moves", the nice performance at Saratoga vs. a well-liked, well-bet older horse for a hot trainer (Bond?), ... all played a factor IMHO.

The efficient market hypothesis has it's weak spots, and those are often when irrational behavior enters the market.

Money Moves was an irrational behavior horse.

Sacred Life was a 'steam' horse where everyone went overboard.

- but like I said, this is my opinion. You could be right and he could have had a real case as a mid-level price. TBH I haven't had time to even go back and study this year's Derby, and various trips. Maybe he ran well.

I do regret missing the Mr. Big News. - Thought he was a non-contender, and spent about two seconds digging into his replays and results.
In hindsight, there are some things that I can go back and make cases for being compromised etc.., especially when I included horses like Major Fed and Attachment Rate, Third in a couple small tickets.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 09-07-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)