Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
It is about morning lines and how they are set....I don't understand the usefulness of the ML and wish it would just not be used anymore....it is wrong so often when you compare all the horses final odds...you can't say that any real effort is put in along realistic lines....the standardized versions are......2, 3, 5, 15, 20, 30, 50... None of which ends up being accurate in the final odds....and even if they are, so what? Just let the odds develop as they occur in real time...does the public really care what they are likely to bet ahead of the actual betting? I think we would get bigger average payoffs if the morning line was eliminated and that would be good for racing bettors...
I assume people betting horizontal exotics would find an accurate morning line useful.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)