Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #51
burnsy
self medicated

They will try to stuff Fournette and force Bortles to beat them. The problem is their defense this year and their offensive line. They have had some good games but the better teams have torched them. If Fournette beats the edge a few times and can sustain first downs running the ball up the middle, they have a chance. Bortles is all over the map, very inconsistent. He has good games and awful ones, there is nothing in the middle. If this game rests on his arm making all the plays, its probably a rout. But if its played low scoring, dirty and ugly like the first round versus the Bills, they can win.

The other important aspect is the Jags defense. They must be flying on the line, you can't best Brady unless you press him. They gotta push the line early, that was gold vs Pittsburg, netting a fumble return for a TD. Trying to "sit back" in coverage vs. Brady is suicide, some teams never learn. Jacksonville started out good last week, but then they were awful on the later downs (3rd and 4th) as the game went on Big Ben got his legs under him and ripped them apart. That will be a recipe for disaster even if they have a lead this week.

Won't be betting this game. But I'm actually hoping New England wins. Because they most likely will be favored in the Super Bowl. Just watching how the teams played this year ( I re watch games) and the match ups. I don't think either of these teams can beat Philly or Minny. I don't see New England's offensive line holding off either of these defenses. They were in real trouble this year vs. the pass rushing teams. Carolina, KC and Miami had a field day playing that way and Brady was under fire. Cam Newton had a 137.5 QBR at New England and they were gone after the first round in the NFC. If Jacksonville somehow makes it, they will get points but they could be lucky to score 10 points against those teams. Jacksonville scored a total of 10 points against the Bills and their defense is no where near as good as these teams. I like Minnesota this week with the warm weather in Philly. If they win it will be interesting to see what the spread will be for the SB. Barring injuries I'll be betting who ever the NFC puts in there. I just think there was a real gap in quality this year, mostly of the defensive side. These teams are all copying Seattle and now its paying off in spades.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)