Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Justify
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #140
HalvOnHorseracing

I went to the Belmont this year along with 90-100,000 other people. There were people who took a spot along the paddock fence when the arrived so they wouldn't miss Justify. I have a few complaints about the day and I think I'll probably blog about them.

The biggest stat:

- 7 favorites won, none over 8/5

- 3 longshots over 10-1

- 2 between 5/2 and 9/2

- 1 straggler between 5-1 and 9-1

Over 50% of the winners were low price favorites. You had to work hard to make money.

The track is starting to have that run down Pimlico field. On the third floor grandstand pigeons had obviously taken over some of the rafters, given some areas totally covered in pigeon crap.

The lines for food and drink were long, as were the lines at the betting machines. If there is one thing I'll never get past, it's some idiot with a $10 voucher finally deciding to handicap a race at the window. Or five young guys standing around the machine arguing what to bet.

They had a loud music show inside the facility. It may have attracted more college kids than the races.

One other thing I'd say. You can't see shit without binoculars down the backstretch so you're reduced to watching the chicklets.

I got my glimpse of Justify passing the eighth pole and walked out with a $2 win ticket on him as a souvenir. A long, long day.

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 06-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)