Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #1679
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Shhhhhhhhh
Brett Kavanaugh has already LIED about that in the opening lines of his Nomination Acceptance Speech.

Mr. President, thank you. Throughout this process, I’ve witnessed firsthand your appreciation for the vital role of the American judiciary.
No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination

I think you know what my point was.
But I'll make it as explicit as possible for you.

Like you and I, Kavanaugh knew that Trump picked his name for a Supreme Court nomination from a list.
This list was given to Trump and he had no part in determining which names were on it.
Thus, Kavanaugh knew, that when Trump picked him,
the claim that
"No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds,
to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination.
"
was patently false.
To publicly state a claim you know to be false is to publicly LIE.
Thus, Brett Kavanaugh began his Supreme Court nomination speech by publically telling a lie.
Honesty and truthfulness are essential character traits that must be possessed
by anyone who is a worthy and appropriate candidate for a Supreme Court nomination.
In starting off his Supreme Court nomination speech by publically telling a lie,
Brett Kavanaugh publically demonstrated that he is neither honest nor truthful.
Since honesty and truthfulness are essential character traits that must be possessed
by anyone who is a worthy and appropriate candidate for a Supreme Court nomination,
and since Brett Kavanaugh has publically demonstrated that he is neither honest nor truthful,
it is clear to all that Brett Kavanaugh is neither worthy nor fit to be on the Supreme Court.

This is my point.
Is it clear to you now, SMW?
If it was clear to me I would not have stated my point to you and asked you what was your point. I agree and further say honesty is an essential character trait in elected politicians too, especially U.S. senators. I hope you would agree with me about elected officials, especially U.S. senators.

If you do we can discuss Feinstein's lack of honesty, making her unfit for her position on the senate judiciary committee. Remember the committee position is not an elected position, but an appointment.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-29-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)