Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 11:10 AM   #12
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg View Post
I am getting so tired of the odds changing well after the horses leave the gate. I haven't posted for a while but I just made a big bet on the 1 at MNR race 5. Leaving the gate the horse broke on top and the odds dropped to 3-1 from 7-2. OK, I can accept that. Turning for home the horse open up by 5 and miraculously the horse dropped from 3-1 to 6/5. I have seen this happen at many of the smaller tracks but MNR is the worst offender.

The bigger problem I'm seeing now is that the same shit is happening at NYRA and SoCal tracks. I think it is time for the feds to look into this and see wtf is going on. I am not a huge punter but this kind of activity is driving me away from the sport I love.
I was surprised the winner went that low. Admittedly though, I just made a bad line on the race. And did not distinguish myself with the pre-race analysis.

With respect to your overall point, sir, the late money can usually be predicted at mnr, and almost always conforms to obvious logic. Sometimes, players (mostly less informed than yourself, I'm sure) prefer to flatter themselves that their observations are unique, when in fact a late pile-on in the win pool looms inevitable. I constantly advise players that a knack for anticipating late money is critical to beating mnr's win pool. And I am sure this is increasingly the case at other tracks, as well.

An notable exception occurs with foreign money. It is generally dumb.

Last edited by mountainman; 10-12-2022 at 11:14 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)