Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
rangiles

Hi Turfway Ed--

Question: What about suggested minimum odds for a E5 (LE/Listed)? or a E/P5 (LE/Listed)? Does an E5 even qualify for LE/Listed?

For LE/Listed horses I want 5/1 or better. Usually the odds are very good for these types of horses because their form is so bad, but they've shown that they can compete in terms of final time with the race at hand. Of course, they must have a competitive speed figure in their published history. The best price I've ever had with an LE/Listed was $178 and change. That particular horse had a CSFR qualifier 10 races back! The idea is the horse just needed to be in the right place at the right time, and with that CSFR I knew that if the horse got loose on the lead then its final time ability was competitive.

Yes, an E5 can be a LE listed. Here's a LE/Listed pace picture:

E5 (Not CSRF Qualifier in Last Three Races - Qualifies 7 Races Back)
------E/P4 (CSFR Quailfier)
------E/P5
-------------P4 (CSFR Qualifier)
-------------P3 (CSFR Qualifier)
-------------P4
------------------P/C (CSFR Qualifier)
------------------P/C (SCFR Qualifier)
------------------------C

In this pace picture the E5 is the LE/Listed horse. This E5 is the only dedicated one dimensional early pace type, and has a CSFR qualifier 7 races back. That's the right place at the right time with the right final time ability.
rangiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)