Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
rangiles

Hi Tom--

I keep a database of the different distances at all the tracks and then I find the average pace for each final time relative to class of the race. You could say that each final time has it's own pace par, and that's what I want to know. At that point I figure the multiplier for that particular final time. Say on average horses at Turfway Park run a 6 furlong final time of 1:11 3/5ths at 5K claiming so at that point I can easily figure the par pace for that final time...that's where the multiplier comes in. From there I know if the pace of the race for that particular final time was fast, average or slow. The multiplier is then coded in the Handicapper's Lab and the PaceAppraiser PPs. I do make adjustments to final times that are extremely fast or slow, so in those final time areas the multiplier will reflect those extreme situations.

The BRIS speed figures are adjusted, depending on distance, by 1 to 1.8 points for each length faster than par at the pace call. We don't work with the Beyer speed figures now but when we did with the Velocity Generator the length adjustments much higher. I'll have to look that up but I do remember that the length adjustment much greater than the BRIS adjustments.
rangiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)