Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Betmix
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 09:59 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Thask,

It sounds as though you are referring to creating mixes. That was the premise in the beginning of Betmix, but a lot has changed since then. Creating mixes is still possible, but it is essentially back fitting data, which is not something that will hold up to make a profit. Of course, the early mixes were limited to sets of 40 cases (someone correct me if I am wrong, it has been a while), but there is now a way to go back much further - like 8 or 9 years worth of data.
I could easily be wrong about Betmix...because my knowledge of it is limited to the Amazon book that Tom already mentioned earlier. I tried watching a couple of their tutorial videos, but I couldn't enlarge my computer screen enough to see what was really going on there.

I have no use for any "back-fitting"...that's not what I was talking about. I thought that they also offer numerous handicapping factors that you can prearrange and grade ahead of time...so you could use and judge their effectiveness in real time. That's what I was talking about...and that's what I am mainly interested in.

In any case...$50 a month seems like a cheap price to pay for the unlimited use of speed and pace figures, along with a database that includes 8-9 years worth of data.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.