Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: What's your IQ?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #68
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
I once read an article postulating that "EQ" (emotional quotient), the ability to keep your worst instincts in check and productively interact with others, is much more reliable than IQ as a predictor of success.

And I fervently believe there are numerous types of intelligence-and lack thereof. Nor do I place much faith in intelligence tests.

To support that, I was tested in high school and soon called in to have several guidance counselors , the principal, AND vice principal, straight up call me a slacker for not getting straight A's.

If they divulged my exact score, I don't recall it, but I do remember them saying it was just a hair beneath genius level. And they scoffed when I protested that I simply could NOT grasp Algebra 2.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't. So much for IQ scores.
I have a beer can cuzzie that says "And another day goes by where I didn;t use Algebra"
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)