Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
So... out of my entire post you are going to pick one blurb to argue with me about and then give some random anecdotal evidence?

Okay.
Yeah...I question the guys' remarks that China makes quality products! That GENERALLY is not true! And I know it's not true because I have gone out of my way to spend more money for better products in order to realize true value for money spent.

You also said that people, generally will just gravitate toward cheaper products. And I say that is only true for people who don't appreciate or understand the value of VALUE.

And here's more "anecdotal" evidence. I recently spent several thousand dollars on a massage chair. After several weeks of research and shopping, I decided to go with a chair that is made in China. I bought this particular chair for three major reasons: The chair made in Japan was not a wall-saver type and it would not have fit well in the space I had for it in my family room. Secondly, the company who makes the chair in China has very good overall reviews online and has been in business for 35 years. Lastly, I got a 5-year in-home warranty and the service is local. I've had the chair now going on 2 months. I already have problems -- on a chair that costs lots of money! The problems are relatively minor at this point, but they're not going to improve. I haven't contacted the company yet because I want to conduct some tests of my own to see what the extent of one particular problem is. Once I do, then I'll contact the company.

So...you can boast about the manufacturing speed and cheap cost of Chinese products and I will not argue with you. I agree totally that most Chinese products are cheaply made -- not designed to last -- not designed to give the consumer value for his buck. Therefore, not of high quality.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)