Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
CORRECTION:

I am not sure it was James Quinn who called Fotias' book revolutionary. I thought it was him or Mark Cramer, but I can't find the quote now. So let me call the book revolutionary.

Quinn did write in chapter 45 of his book "The Best of Thoroughbred Handicapping" these comments about Cary Fotias' book called "Blinkers Off" and his product called "The XTras":
Unfortunately, by mentioning only his own speed/pace figures as the necessary handicapping tools on literally every page of the book, Fotias's book comes off as just a self-serving advertisement for his handicapping services...and the reader loses interest in the book long before he gets to the real meat of the topic. If he had stated that the other speed/pace figures could also be used in the implementation of his handicapping ideas...then the book would have been much more popular among the general gambling public, IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-06-2019 at 07:25 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom