Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #37
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
V/DC (in the program Validator) was a "gimmick" (called probabily convergence) to draw horses of greater probability closer to those with lesser probability by assigning smaller mathematical differences between them.
one of the most ingenious ideas which helped quite a few folks get away from the old " top 2 itis" which was taught for years if you followed the method.

Those not quite up to the top appliers of the method regarding paceline and contender selection( ME for example) were finding they were losing a lot of long priced horses who would show up 3rd and 4th ranked. While a lot of the time the " better" users would be able to get a lot of those in the top 2.

By "seeing" the v/dc readout where LONGSHOTS ( $ 40.00, $ 60.00 etc etc) all of a sudden had a "3" ( sometimes 2) as a "ranking" more FOCUS was applied to looking for VALUE for the second of 2 win wagers.

Win % dropped noticeably ( my current 2 horse % is 40%) from the 60 -75 % levels BUT average win $ increased due to larger prices. There is always a tradeoff.

There are MANY more "recreational" users of software than so called "pros". In almost every case the profit from longer priced horses comes from horses NOT in the top 2 of readouts but rather from tiers ( ranks) THIRD and FOURTH.

This applies to MANY different software packages.

Howard just made it easier on the mind to " buy into" with the creation of the v/dc readout.

"Voodoo" readout NOT based in "absolute" reality? YES. Nothing wrong with a little "helping hand" especially when it involves LONGSHOTS.

My opinion anyway

Richie
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement