Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #70
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
As I said, horse racing with never be football, baseball, etc.. in terms of "attachment" goes, but things aren't always black and white or 100% and 0%. There are things in between.

Would having the very top horses run until 4-6 and having some all time great matchups like Slew/Affirmed, Affirned/Bid etc.. attract some new fans?

I think it would.

I was also a huge Zenyatta fan. She didn't have much impact on my fandom or the way I bet either, but I was already an old crusty fan. So for me, Seattle Slew and Ruffian did. For some teenager or some woman that tagged along with their husband or boyfriend and saw her run, she may have created a new fan.
This will never happen...and you know it. So...why should we keep dreaming instead of facing reality? Instead of wishing for miracles that I know will never take place, I choose instead to talk about things that have at least a slight chance of materializing. Like the possible implementation of a more reasonable takeout rate...the possible institution of a more effective drug enforcement policy...and the possible renovation of the current archaic wager processing system.

Before the game can expect to attract new customers...it should try to properly accommodate the loyal customers that it already has. Because if the loyal customers are fleeing in droves...then the chance of attracting "new blood" is practically NIL.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-15-2021 at 04:28 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement