Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Not intimidating if you are playing lucky numbers or horses that look pretty.
Against my better judgement...I succumbed to the wishes of a friend of mine who kept insisting that I teach him how to handicap horses. He is a total neophyte who has only seen the racehorses on TV...but he is recuperating from recent knee surgery and has time on his hands. So he opened up an ADW account and kept asking me for a simplified handicapping system that I could recommend to him so he didn't just end up "throwing his money away".

I gave it a little thought, and created for him a bare-bones handicapping system off the top of my head, using the past performances that his ADW was supplying to him for the price of a daily bet. It took me about 15 minutes to create the "method", and another half-hour to explain it to him...and I made sure to tell him that this was only a starter method meant to be used only with minimum betting units.

Well...this was about three weeks ago, and he calls me on a daily basis to tell me how he is doing. He tells me that he started off betting dollar 3-horse exacta boxes on the method's top 3 horses...but he was doing so well that he now bets $3 exacta boxes. He has made $960 in profits in 3 weeks, he tells me...and he now calls me a "handicapping God"...while wondering how much money I must be winning with my more "advanced" handicapping methods. And I am too embarrassed to tell him that I've lost approximatelly $3,000 over the same time-period.

So...to get back to your original point...there is at least ONE neophyte out there who has gotten attracted to this game without ever seeing a live race.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-14-2021 at 07:33 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)