Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #84
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
You don't see how you are wrong about anything despite the opposite being true the vast majority of the time.

Making excuses? Five wide trips at 12F against a gold rail, while losing to a horse that saved ground for over ten of those furlongs is hardly a fabricated excuse. Just as stumbling badly at the start and then ending up on a dead rail, and losing another close one is also not a BS excuse. Trying to close into a moderate pace that completely holds together, and significantly outperforming the other closers, is also not a phony excuse. This is all race analysis. It's not manufactured. It's legitimate. That doesn't make him the best horse in the country, but it sure makes him better than his results, which are better than almost any horse of his generation. You seem determined to let some bizarre personal animus cloud your thinking about this horse. I may disagree with you a lot, to say the least, but you are a very bright guy. Use those smarts to be less biased and you will stop joining a herd mentality that completely gets this horse wrong.
Thank you for a substantive response. Seriously, I appreciate that.

I think the line between "race analysis" and "excuses" is when there a horse strings together several of those sorts of races, a rational handicapper can conclude that the horse finds a way to lose.

As for "animus", I simply felt- and guess I still feel, despite his nice win over a nothing field- that the horse has been overrated. The people making excuses/race analysis about this horse have been very vocal about it. Whereas I was sitting here saying "he's losing over and over again, he always has an excuse, drop him in class!".

Now if this race is the springboard to a string of successes in the handicap division for Tacitus, I will gladly come back to this thread and admit I was wrong. But as of now, I still want to see Tacitus run against a legitimate field and beat them on the square. The Suburban was a very nice win, but he still has to answer a class question.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)