Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
delayjf

One of the greatest days of my life.

in the mid 80's my brother and I were scanning 2 different bookie sheets from two different bookies. The game was Mississippi vs Mississippi St. MS was the better team and favored by 6 points. Low and behold, one sheet had it backwards, with Mississippi favored by 6 points. We called the bookie to verify the incorrect spread, which he did.

Back in those days, we would bet at the most 100 dollars on a game we really liked. But in this case we bet 2000.00 on Mississippi getting 6 points then betting 2,000.00 on Mississippi St getting 6 points, so that if the final score of the game was within 6 points, regardless of who won, we'd when both bets. We were only risking the vig (200.00) if one team didn't cover.

Sure enough, Mississippi St won by 4 points and my brother and I won 4000 grand. Got wasted on whisky sours that night. That was a ton of money for us back then.

At the track, I have been know to take a shot, if I'm winning.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)