Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:57 AM   #5019
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
How are they greater and greater causes and effects?

The nail has the causal power to mend the shoe. The shoe does not have the causal power to mend itself. The shoe has the casual power to enable the horse's mobility, the horse the casual power to transport the rider (I almost typed jockey), etc...The Colonials had the causal power to secure the kingdom. The kingdom did not have the casual power to secure itself.
You are not serious are you? A tiny cause can produce a larger effect. Happens all the time. Can think of dozens of examples.

However, let me take a crack at your mishmosh.....
Pretty much as Ben Franklyn said...

The nail has the "power" to loosen the shoe. The shoe has the "power" to stumble the hoof. The hoof to unbalance the leg, tjhe leg to down the horse, etc, etc, etc. Cause and effect runs both ways, there is no rule, law, principle requiring one to be greater or smaller than the other. However we can describe exactly what happens when a smaller object hits a larger one, and a larger a smaller one. To both mathematically.We hafve known this since Newton

You never told me what the "principle of proportionate causation" is?

If you ever ran a business, or built something, in terms of practicality and profitability, you would soon realize "less is more" Will never forget how necessity spurred a cheaper simpler solution. Ask any businessman if accomplishing a task easier and simpler is preferable to a more expensive way? See what happens. Can you spell "efficiency"? A backbone of capitalism is "efficiency" Even a liberal like me knows that.

30 years ago, I needed a method of cementing three parts together quickly and easily in a semi-production line operation. Using materials I was not very familiar with. I was told by an equipment salesman, I needed a "precision gluing machine" they were introducing on the market. For one worker to use with "super glue." Costing $ 2500+ including a supply of that glue. It was only for a run of less than 2,000 items, each retailing at only $4.00 a pop. Not exactly cost effective. Did not foresee it's use again for other items.

Can you spell "cost effective"?

One of our enthusiastic acquaintances convinced my partner to try it out. At the time they bought it I was on vacation. The first day I returned I discovered it was very slow, even though it used instantaneous super glue, since it clogged up frequently and was difficult to use. A lemon. A kluge.
Over a minute and 1/2+ each overall, to do that operation. We projected a much much faster rate. Super glue? Yeah, right?

My partner was pretty annoyed he got talked into it. I had a foreman who was extremely familiar with the chemicals, cements and materials. Told him to contact our cement supplier and get a viscous glue that was relatively quick drying, and would work with the materials we were working with. I constructed 6 or so wooden trays to support dozens of these items at a time while setting, about 10 minutes, (much slower than the super glue), and asked on of my worker to run out to the dollar store to buy a squeeze ketchup/mustard bottle.

Had the guy assembling the items fill up the ketchup bottle (cost under $1 ) with the viscous glue, $10 for a gallon, maybe 1/2 a penny an item glued), and begin to assemble. He applied a squirt of the glue, inserted the parts to be glued in each little compartment in each drying tray. Completed a tray in minutes. Took another tray as the previous was completed, and so on.

Finished the run 2,000 piece run in under a day. Over 180 an hour.

Less is more, way more.

Last edited by hcap; 05-25-2020 at 04:04 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)