Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #32
CincyHorseplayer

Utilizing the approach of more investment and higher volume is definitely a task to swallow and execute. Which for personal reasons is difficult, at least for another 4 years because of certain financial obligations. I am forced to be content with my modest earnings and being on a new wave of learning. And I am content to a great extent. Laying some good track for the future when navigating an often bleak landscape. The shift to turf as my primary surface has definitely altered the equation. But to the extent where I was pretty dismal on dirt in 2016. Something I had reversed in the 2nd half of 2015 and vowed to continue. By no means have I found the keys to the kingdom.

Plus there is the reality of what I call dead zones. A fair track on both surfaces can be this when there is no leaning bias and I am not talking track bias but a rating bias. Tampa is a place like this with it's IMO loose and sandy surface and quirky turf course it's hard to get a handle on. Good bets require different skills and are hard earned. A place like northern and eastern tracks in winter that really are dictated by shifting biases where guys like EMD4me thrive because of what he does. Middle of meets with shifting biases either rating or actual. Bad weather. A "dead arm" period for horses who have been running. Beginning and ends of meets. Sinking your teeth into anything is short lived and we are always on the chase. There is always work to do and adversity to face. One thing I need to do is up my computer skills because I need to do even more research and need to do it more efficiently. Turf courses IMO have to be all hand done as they are quirky to interpret with so many layoffs. All else I need more time efficiency. I haven't learned how to do that yet. Delta and Traynor you guys have given me some good starts for that. All this is an on going process and I love talking about it. Great game.

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 12-08-2016 at 09:27 PM.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)