Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
TEJAS KIDD

Unless you are an eyewitness to the workout, it's time, in my opinon, is meaningless.
I've been clocking privately for over 15 years. Some of the best works I've witnessed were 102- for 5/8s and some of the worst were 59 and change.
Since times are really meaningless, there is no reason for tracks to incur the costs of an effective accurate timing system. The standard timing system at tracks would not work, because horses galloping or jogging the wrong way would trigger the sensor at every pole. The Trackus system could probably be effective, but then every trainer on the grounds would need to saddle their horses with the tracking sensors. It's hard enough for these guys to give you a properly spelled name and distance working, let alone ask them to put a sensor device on every horse they're sending to the track to work. There are just too many variables to get it all right and like I said before, the timing of workouts is irrelevent.
I've clocked at many tracks and for the most part, the official clockers do their best to get it right. I equate it to being an air traffic controller, only tougher, because they can have several horses landing on the same strip with no way to communicate with the pilots.
TEJAS KIDD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)