Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #322
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
For the record, I never defended Hollendorfer, just that when the CHRB makes a call, knowing their dishonesty in past dealings (IMHO) I'm not ready to tar and feather anybody. The problem is that racing has proved it cannot regulate itself, that is clear. But unless everyone is on the same level playing field in this respect, are we gonna just keep picking and choosing certain trainers to bash in the meantime? Ditto the ones not paying their employees, esp. when ones that have mysterious cluster deathsare found innocent despite giving drugs for non-therapeutic reasons (like the horses are young and not diagnosed with any thyroid problems), etc. etc. etc.

I just feel less inclined to pick off certain trainers like I'm doing beer can target practice these days, knowing how utterly corrupt so many racing jurisdictions are and have been.

UNTIL there is a centralized body with a commissioner, over all of racing, I am just not going to overly bash certain trainers.......because iin the back of my mind there is always the thought "they are doing it too, they just haven't had the bad luck to have their horses crumble under on the track."

Fix it, and fix it right........no piecemeal, half azzed stuff like this is going to convince me that "racing is cleaning up it's act".

Get a set of rules, with consequences, and stick by them. No excuses. For ALL tracks and ALL trainers and ALL racing board officials and their boards, all tracks, all track officials,etc.

Really it's getting laughable seeing all the piecemeal stuff getting approved and STILL NO CENTRALIZED PLAN.......for anybody, anywhere. And everyone walking around, scratching their heads and asking "Is it the trainer? The drugs? The track? Whips? The Weather? What?"

THere is more than enough knowledge and research out there.....and if there isn't it's been decades and decades to do the work. We put a man on the moon in '69, but can't seem to find our way around horse physiology? Please.

When I place my very last wager on U.S. racing, I will sign off as "tired of waiting".
You veered way off path here.

There is nothing to blame on even the most corrupt CHRB when a trainer has 6 horses dead in a year (which of course is now 8).

There is nothing to blame on a track surface when a trainer has had 8 deaths over 4 tracks (and I think 6 surfaces, turf and dirt at SA, GG, Los Al, Del Mar, and training track at SA).

I’d say that your perhaps justified dislike for the CHRB is misdirected when it leads to anything less than condemnation of any trainer who has 8 dead horses, all of bone breaks, in less than a year.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)