Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #66
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
An observation

Let me provide some context. I was reading here when an accusation was made about a member, which generated some conversation by those who saw the same post.

Shortly afterwards, the post was scrubbed (deleted).

Conversely, last summer, I mistakenly repeated something suggested to me, my PMs were shared, I took responsbility publically, and apologized to the person(s) involved. (The specific person about whom it was made accepted my apology…at least, that’s what it says in the email I have. I owed you no apology, so you didn’t get one.)

Lesson learned? I’m not the 1st, nor will I be the last, to make that kind of mistake……… eh?

The only difference is whether you have the advantage of being able to sanitze your mistake---and thus save the appearance of having shot yourself in the foot. J Either way, it's hardly the end of the world.

We transgress. No person need pretend they are better, that their integrity is above reproach, or that they are without transgressions or making errors of judgement.

I take 1% of internet content seriously….a highly mutable medium that, like Swiss Cheese, has lots of holes. The sheer amount of conspiracy theories I read, even in the racing forums, is remarkable.

As for sharing PMs……. I don’t. Have some doozies (even from members in "good standing"), but no interest in outing anyone for snarky remarks made about other members or the forum. (That goes for the person who shared mine). Definitions of integrity obviously vary.
In the future, Grits, prior to indulging in emotional outbursts of a personal nature (like when I dinged S. Asmussen and your reply had nothing to do with S. Asmussen), consider a PM. Esp if you’re going to decline responsibility for your words and/or accusations. We all make posts in bad taste, like one you made in Zippy Chippy's topic that his ideas FOR HIS OWN WEDDING were silly. Members who talked about that, but resisted bombasting you, just don't find it necessary to respond to every opinion posted by somebody they don't think much of.

Last edited by WinterTriangle; 11-18-2010 at 07:18 PM.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)