Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz

The Beyer view is that the value of a length should diminish as the distance gets longer. This is very logical.
Dave, what do you mean by the "value" of a length? Are you talking about the time value of a length? If you are, wouldn't it be just the opposite of what you stated. Wouldn't the time value of a length be larger in a longer race, because the horses are traveling at a slower speed, thus more time required to run a length? Or are you talking about the value of a length regarding the calculation of a speed figure, ie; 1 length = 1 point in a speed figure.

I thought the OP's question was about the par "times", not par "figures". Just a bit confused, as I've never read Beyer much nor have I ever made traditional speed figures.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement