Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 01:00 PM   #20
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Is there a garage in that price quote at $135? With the cost of construction supplies especially wood well off their peaks but still almost double what they were pre-Biden, $135 doesn't sound that bad. Since I am doing the world's slowest home rehab I am well aware of the sky high cost of construction supplies. I hope you are doing your part to save the planet from man made climate change and getting quotes for all electric. I wonder how much that would drive up the price over natural gas, for water heat heating, cooking and central heat? I bet it would be quite a bit more especially in many areas you can use Pex for indoor natural gas plumbing. With all electric even for a small unit you are going to want a 200 amp service.

About the only construction supply that did not go crazy that I saw were drywall and their finishing supplies. Even sand and gravel are way up, the guy who hauled the gravel for the driveway and a load of sand to lay in a trench for a well run said the crap had doubled in recent years. So that means concrete won't be cheap either.
i was buying boxes of red cedar shingles primed on both sides for $125 a box 10 years ago. today they want $500 a box and you have to buy a minimum of $5000 worth. i am going to buy the unprimed and prime it myself.

Benny Moore or California paint is now $325 for a 5 gallon bucket. it used to be $190. i am told that you can buy the Wallmart house brand and that is the same as Benjamin Moore for $51 per gallon.

if i keep losing all these horse race bets i will never afford anything!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom