Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 04:36 PM   #15
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
.If your odds line had the horse at 25-1 why would you ignore the tote at 5-1?
Exactly!
I enjoy reading things like this only because it only confirms once again how handicappers are stuck trying to evaluate a horse’s potential performance through PP and statistical data. These subjective interpretations are nothing when compared to the objective information provided very often by the tote board activities on race day.

Anyone that can’t recognize or appreciate the obvious intentions of a horse’s connections should perhaps rethink the value of the information they’re using to play the game. These same people don’t seem to understand what drives the entire game for everyone that’s involved. For some strange reason they seem to ignore or don’t comprehend who actually makes up the betting population. Sure they may call it the “Public’s” money, but truly that generalization fails to define reality.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for anyone who disregards an obvious long shot getting solid betting action on the board. Do they always win? Absolutely not, but a least you know one important thing: They’re trying. Show me anywhere the PP data that points that out.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)