Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #45
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
"Corrupt" implies competence and bad intent. I think you are giving too many people too much credit here. There are some truly corrupt people in Washington, starting with the guy who may have retired the trophy of top dog, Harry Reid.

There are also a lot of people in government and the media who are incompetent and/or ignorant and who, as Obama once said of himself, really believe their own bullshit.
I agree with you. Incompetence is rampant.

There are also a lot of people suffering from confirmation bias.

They form a view based what they want the world to be and how they would like to think it works. Then as evidence comes in they explain away the conflicting evidence or ignore it and focus on whatever supports their conclusions.

I just saw a headline on Drudge.

"4,300 Days Since Last U.S. Major Hurricane Strike"

How many people that believe global warming is going to lead to much more frequent and stronger storms are going to look at this and try to objectively analyze what's going on and why the predictions have been so wrong so far?

Answer: Not many. They'll ignore it totally or dismiss it as random.

How many people that believe most of the climate change narrative is an effort to raise taxes, redistribute wealth, expand government, and enrich Al Gore are going to immediately seize on this info as verifying it's all BS.

Answer: A lot

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)