Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #7
MooseDog

I call only tell you how it's supposed to work at one track (and it is Minutes to POST TIME there) so here goes:

14 MTP - jockeys called to paddock by Clerk of Scales or Asst. Any not in the paddock by 12 MTP is a $50 fine

11 MTP - Paddock judge calls "riders up" so long as horses are all saddled and ready to go. May be a delay due to unruly horse, equipment problem, etc. PJ can dole out fines if necessary, reports any problem to stewards who may at their discretion scratch any horse.

10 MTP - parade to post. Lead outrider is in charge of keeping order, may allow a horse to leave the PP at the request of the jockey.

2 MTP - here's where it can get a bit tricky. The horses are supposed to line up and walk to the gate at this point. The lead outrider will slowly start the walk towards the gate at this point UNLESS directed otherwise by the stewards.

0 MTP - begins the load, again unless directed otherwise by the stewards. You will occasionally see the horses walking in a circle behind the gate, this means the lead outrider and starter have been directed to delay the start by the stewards.

Granted I know this doesn't apply to GP or LRL as they rarely get out of the paddock by 5 MTP and at GP they are often still in there at 0 MTP. I've never heard of MTP as being "minutes to post parade" but learn something new every day in this game, no?

Last edited by MooseDog; 05-05-2020 at 07:37 PM.
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)