Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:58 AM   #50
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post

Congrats on Big Texas win! Screw all the people that thought Georgia would roll. You have to lineup and play the game!! Herman has Horns on the right track EK!!!
Thanks dahoss, it was nice to beat them after they took us 10-9 back in January 1984 in the cotton bowl. We were undefeated that year. We were up 9-3, they weren't moving the ball at all. They punt, our normal returner hurt his hand so Craig Curry was in to return the punt. Fumbles. Next play or two, their qb runs it in on a beautiful option. I was there, froze our butts off.

The year before, we beat Alabama in the cotton bowl. Charlie Brewer ran a qb draw 30 yards to win the game. He was so slow you could time him with a sun dial. He won the bowl game mvp, very nice guy. Fast forward 35 years later. His son is the qb for Baylor, leads them to an unlikely bowl season, beats Vandy on a last minute drive. Just like his dad he wins the bowl game mvp trophy.

Stuff like that makes football fun. At least for me.

LSU plays in Austin in week two next season. Trust me, you'll beat us by two TDs plus. If so, hope you guys go all the way. And congrats on beating UCF !
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)