Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
Grits

China Horse Club

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/s...cky-derby.html

I wanted to learn, as I didn't know, who the China Horse Club is. Well, gentlemen, it's a whole lot of millionaires funneling money through St.Lucia.

Quote:
"Mr. Harrington said the club kept its membership private to shield members from potential public scrutiny amid a Chinese government led anti-corruption campaign which has “created a culture of fear where people didn’t want to be seen to be spending money in a way that may be seen as excessive.”
I had noted the number of horses they had running on Oaks and Derby Day. Ten runners with all but three in partnership with Winstar Farm.

Years ago, Bill Casner (the horseman & businessman) and Kenny Troutt (the businessman) dissolved their partnership in Winstar. Mr.Troutt has been the sole owner since 2010.

Mr. Teo would love to create a horseracing mecca in China, however, this is proving difficult as betting there remains illegal. .... My own thought was.... dude, you're kidding, right? With China's nasty air quality how would horses breathe much less compete?

Anyway, it kinda troubles me when a club of 200 elite, secretive folks from China start to pour money into horses we raise and race. .... Godolphin, one person. Juddmonte, one person. Coolmore, three people. That's a bit different.

Everything can be bought. One day the China Horse Club may want a farm/breeding operation in central Kentucky. .... Winstar
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.