Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #44
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Of course they don't enjoy losing, but they prefer it to not playing. Not everyone's goal in this game is to make money.
Some people are happy to pay for the Form and maybe have a beer or two with friends on Saturday. Some people spend a chunk on beers at a bar playing pool. Do you thing their intend is to make significant money doing this?

Lots of older players simply go to the track to get out. They "sneak" in a sandwich, buy a coffee, sit at a table and bet $2 show tickets. Maybe a group of them does this and they socialize all day.

Handicapping is a mentally challenging puzzle and it is fun to do it even if you aren't betting everyday. I think the golf analogy is spot on.

Everyone has to define his or her own goals for the game.
Putting it in the context that you have I would agree with your viewpoint. While I might have spent a chunk on beers playing pool at bars (in my youth), I surely didn't engage the local hustler in a game for money.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)