Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #43
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I used to see the world from that point of view. Then I realized that video poker once or twice a year with $50 wasn't without a pleasure element, especially because my wife enjoys it.

Would I do it once a week instead of once a year? No.

I also buy a lottery ticket when the jackpot gets to the killer level. ONE TICKET. Hey, it takes devine intervention to win. If God wants me to win, he can do it with a single ticket.

As far as lottery tickets go, I am zero-for-life. *** sigh *** what a loser. LOL

Seriously, is there anything you do in your life that doesn't make a profit?

They don't play TO LOSE MONEY.

They play for the challenge, excitement, thrill of victory...

Whatever reason it is THEIR CHOICE.
First off, we are not talking about once or twice a year players. We are talking about regular players.

I do/did 3 things in my life that make a profit: work, invest and gamble on horses. I have never approached betting on horses as anything other than a profit making endeavor.

Not too many people play to lose money, but for a very few that is the outcome. I fully understand the challenges of handicapping races and the puzzle that each race presents. There is excitement and thrill in watching a race unfold the way you have envisioned it with your handicapping. Do people just need to bet in order to maximize their endorphin rush when they watch a race?

I am not telling people what they should choose to do with their money and time.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)