Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Thanks for posting this info.

Calculating a trainers win % should be easy. Just divide the number of winners by the number of horses he runs. The only problem would be when he enters multiple horses in a race, which Brown often does, since they're running against each other, that would make his win % too low. I'm sure there's a way to account for that but I can't recall it at the moment. You could count multiple entries in a race as one attempt but that would cause an opposite problem in making his win% too high as he has multiple tries to win. Maybe you could use both methods and then average the 2 averages.
Hey Bob

Yeah I was thinking for Trainers with 4 starts or better I would use their win percentage as part of their point total. In the case of Brown, he’s winning at a rate of 36.3% so his win point total would be 3.6 instead of giving 5 points for every win which in his case is (5 * 12) = 60 points and does not take into account that he had 33 entries to get those 12 wins

In this way, a Trainer would have to have a high win percentage to get the maximum points

I would keep the 5 points per win for Trainers with less than 4 entries total

I am still tweaking it to see what would be best

Last edited by TheOracle; 11-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)