Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #152
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, the immutable love the Father had for the Son could never change, any more than God-incarnate could ever sin! (Meditate on this truth.) But it doesn't follow that the Father cannot love the Son because his character is just as holy and righteous as his. If God could love anyone who is less than him morally, i.e. who falls short of his glory (Rom 3:23), then this would make him a sinner! It would make him flawed. It would make him incomplete; for he would be loving someone who is imperfect. He would be loving imperfection itself (sin, corruption)! This is precisely why God's love for repentant sinners must be grounded in Christ's perfections -- because Jesus never fell short of God's glory. In fact, this is also precisely why none of God's born again children can ever lose their salvation, since both God's love and his grace toward the elect find their ground in Christ! This is why to a true believer Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING to him in the fullest sense of this term.

As I suggested the other day, did you read the messianic 91st Psalm? Ponder verse 9 which starts off with "IF".
Obvious stuff. "No one comes to the Father but through me".

We're talking past each other again. You come around to implicitly agreeing that the Father and Son are eternally of one will and mind, rather than the Father's love for the Son being contingent, and then lecture me on my own point.

It's my understanding that the Westminster Confession of Faith, in describing the attributes of God, doesn't mention "Love". Nor does Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion (roughly 2000 pgs.) ever cite 1 Jn 4:8, 4:16... https://biblia.com/books/nasb95/1Jn4.8
...The inner life of the Trinity is a weak area for the Calvinist.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)