Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #55
reckless
Veteran

Jim... sorry I've been so late to this and to your story.

Congrats! Keep up the great work. When I went on a cardiac build up routine I decided a few extra pounds off -- with subsequent life style changes -- was the key to kick start my ambitions.

In the past, I would joke to my friends that I only 'eat twice a day... from 9 till noon, and from 4 to seven'. Well, yes, it did get its share of yuks but looking back I think that actually was my eating habits. I either ate because I was hungry, or I ate because I liked the taste of food.

Two things later hit me between the eyes when I was rolling along on this journey: I learned I didn't need all the food I usually consumed and my handicapping and betting successes increased profoundly as well.

I am not kidding about not needing much food once I got over the original cravings and (bad) habits. I realized I simply didn't need as much. I eat just one meal a day now for dinner. For breakfast and lunch I juice and eat some yogurt, a sour taste I 'forced' myself to like because I knew the added benefits of it. Now, I love it and the morning juicing doesn't have me running to the bathroom every three minutes any more!

The handicapping successes is true too and not a bald-faced lie!! I'm thinking clearer and betting more confidently and I attribute it to a healthier diet.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us Jim. Continued good health, success and happiness from this typist and from all your friends here on PA.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)