Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: MENTAL GAME
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Light
Veteran

I'm as guilty as anyone in deviating from the path of the straight and narrow. Two weeks ago I decided I wanted action bets and my bankroll tanked. So I decided to bring it back to a healthy state last week. I decided to stick to a spot play I know is profitable and had 6 days in a row of profits which did bring the bankroll back up and more. This spot plays has rules and I just scanned cards from tracks across the country for a play that fit the rules. When there was a borderline play,I passed because I knew there would be many more solid plays popping up.

You would think that we would have learned to just stay on this straight and narrow path after losing so many times when we stray from it, but we still constantly stray. I can only blame myself when I do stray because I know it is a conscious choice of free will and consciously know my ROI will probably suffer.Maybe we look at these "action" bets as the cost of entertainment. But after its done,we aren't so amused because now we have to go back to doing real work again to make up for that cost of "entertainment".
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)