Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
TEJAS KIDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffmug
Negative ROI means your method for WP and superfecta sucks and you should stop playing them till you improve your method. Playing them now you are using them as a psychological crutch against a complete beat for the day. Get stronger emotionally and improve your handicapping. Bad bets should NEVER be made, especially if they are being made to massage your fragile ego!

These ROI's for each particular wager can change with one or two photos. Many times, I'll cash my win bet and lose the rest, sometimes I'll cash the tri or super and lose my win bet. The bottom line is that I'm winning. I'm not going to stop betting to win and superfectas because I've shown a negative ROI on those wagers over a long period of time. Some days I'll win because I've cashed a lot of win bets, some days I'll win because I've cashed on trifectas. The bottom line is what counts, whether I show a profit on a particular wager is irrelevant. I'm not using those type of wagers as a crutch. It just happens that sometimes those wagers keep me from losing a particular race/day/week. As I stated, anyone of those wager types can turn from a negative roi to positive with a few different photo finishes.
The point I was trying to make in this post is that the wagers with the losing ROI should not be given up just because I'm showing a negative ROI on those particular wagers. Each wager is all part of the grand scheme of things that helps me along my way both mentally and financially. I was trying to explain that if I dropped those wagers, they could have a butterfly effect on the way I play and in turn, may turn me into a losing player.
If you knew me personally, you'd realize how far from the truth your statements are (Fragile Ego ).
By the way, LOSING bets are not necessarily BAD bets.
TEJAS KIDD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)