Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: MENTAL GAME
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
Learned Hand35

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
Has anyone heard of good advice to manage the mental game. When you have success with an method and it runs your bankroll to a new high. Then for some reason you seem to go haywire and start betting tons of different wagers. Things not in your "system" because you get the cant lose mentality from all the success. Then you start to lose, get behind , start chasing and blow your bankroll. I have done this 10 times or more and seen friends do the same.

I am still new to the game (not quite two years), and I have already done his too many times to count. I am modest hobby player, but I have run my bankroll up to serious money as defined by my means, and then crashed and burned exactly how you described.

1. I tried writing those moments down and the date so as to have a reminder to "never do that again." Worked for awhile and I still avoid certain tracks, but was not the complete solution.

2. Next I tried putting aside a small portion for action bets, but realized those action bets really add up when playing with a small bankroll.

3. Right now I am trying the cold dime super with live longer odds horses for action. That seemed to work and even hit a cold $200.00 dime super. Recently however, "I did it again."

My wife is supportive and impressed when I am playing smart, but says I don't have the traits to show the discipline over the long run to not have to reload the bankroll. (At least, that is what she told me when she took the majority of the cash from my first signer.)

Fact is, she is right.
Learned Hand35 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)