Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
completebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey1977
I'm doing what Jim Quinn said we all do anyway. 35 percent winners at 7 dollar average. I'm doing well at Del Mar. 16 Wins for 31 plays last 2 and a half weeks. 6 dollar average. But Golden Gate. I will not play Fairplex, my theories do not work over there. September, I am stuck with Golden Gate, Saratoga, I don't have any racing forms to analyze. Golden Gate -I did the whole month on paper June 1- June 30-2010 . Just betting from the morning line. I got half winners at 6 dollars. 61 plays- About 33 winners Now. Look at this mess. The first 3 days. 1 win from 9 plays. An 8.80 winner. I hate losing. I was just wondering if the track was worth it and are the lower class horses trustworthy ? . I have accepted the Jim Quinn analysis.. 35 percent winners at 7 dollars. I don't want 33 percent. I want 35 percent. I will keep trying but that place Golden Gate, is hard to figure out.
You have, in this post, pinpointed your own problem. You say you are "Just betting from the morning line", with no "...racing forms to analyze..."
I wouldn't know where to begin to advise you, but the FIRST THING to do is to STOP betting until you know SOMETHING about the game!!!!
Betting off the morning line is no better that betting on names, numbers, or colors.
Start reading the Forums. Read LOTS of them. See if you can get a handle on who the contributors are who demonstrate intelligence, knowledge, and understanding of the game. Read their thoughts.

Look in the section on BOOKS. Buy recommended books on handicapping. There are LOTS more, but recognized authors are Quirin, Quinn, Mithchell, Brohamer, Beyer, Davidowitz.

Read--research. Find a good data source DRF if you must, but STOP THROWING DARTS. That's all you are doing now.
completebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement