Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
TEJAS KIDD

All American Future Wager

I thought one of the better wagers in horse racing was betting the field in the 1st of 3 Ky Derby Future pools. I've done it a couple of times with good success. Of course ,I hedged to show a profit on Derby day.
However, the single best wager I've ever made in my life was betting 500 on the field in the All American Futurity Future wager. The final odds went off at over 4-1. I received 4-1 odds against 23 horses qualifying and then winning the AA. Nearly 200 horses entered the trials and only 19 of the original 23 were entered in the trials yesterday.
Not one of the other 19 entrants even finished as a top 10 finalist. One horse timed in 21.48 but is 11th on the list. Not sure if there is an also eligible list for the finals, but it shouldnt be a hard hedge to figure out come Labor day.

On a side note, after I placed the bet on that Thursday, I tapped out on that account and instead of refunding it, I looked into cancelling the wager, but fortunately for me I was unable to cancel it that next day. Sometimes it is better to be lucky.

Last edited by TEJAS KIDD; 08-20-2010 at 05:32 PM.
TEJAS KIDD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)