Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Same with the NBA or any of the political stuff w/ sports...

I'm a different animal. For better, and worse. I don't see things like the TV says. And when I can afford a cell phone again, -the same will be said for social media.

the superficial stuff that is supposed to 'trigger' or generate some kind of polarizing emotional reaction is overshadowed to me by the significant models that drive the markets and networks.

doesn't interest me.

the only part that is interesting is the stuff that I've done a lot of studying on regarding 'cognitive bias mitigation' (and 'emotional self-regulation' to a lesser extent). Mitigation is how you can remain 'rational', in spite of things like a horse race betting market triggering you.

This stuff in sports-politics, and the radicalization politics in social media, is not 'mitigation', it is actually the other side of the coin; exploitation of cognitive bias to polarize and profit from masses of regular people...

Even sports itself is not as wonderful as it once was for me. I could earn a living by coaching basketball or baseball. I've spent a long time obsessing over that stuff as a child and teen, but as an adult, - unless I dive into some of kind of coaching thing, -it's an entertainment thing. I wouldn't even bet on it, other than convenient opportunities w/ small stakes.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)