Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #262
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
You said that about the Breeders Cup never coming back to Del Mar due to attendance.

You seen college football, record distributions to the teams, yet almost all leagues (other than the B1G) saw attendance decreases last year. Attendance as a health rating is a thing of the past with todays consumer.

You could be right that they make more if they can get a live person there, my contention is they know that is a by gone era and are dealing with that reality.

Del Mar may be the great example, absolutely solid web site, replays if full HD on Youtube shortly after the race. Live paddock and track camera feeds.

Just my two cents, probably all its worth.
Let me put it this way.

If DMR can keep up these handle figures, I am sure they will do reasonably well.

But Del Mar sells an image of a track full of young well dressed people drinking and having fun. If they lose that, it isn't coming back. And then they will struggle if they aren't able to produce the great betting cards that they have produced this year.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)