Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #39
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Books like these don't grade wagers in real-time or even necessarily keep track of scratches. They even warn you not to past post (because it is "allowed" from a technical standpoint) or will you get your account canceled. Bets after a certain time each evening are not graded until the next day...
Game Theory is, as usual, spot on with his assessment.

It is a very common condition in the rules of bookmakers.

Quote:
Here's what i don't get.

Since this is not a pari mutuel book, they can essentially just "not pay" if there are any "irregularities". So, why not just permit betting on a 3 horse field and if everything is on the up and up, pay the winners.

In other words, the original reason for not accepting bets on 3 horse races isn't applicable to this book, because they can just 'not pay' if they don't want to.
If they truly choose to sidestep losing propositions by breaking their own rules, my guess is that the word would spread quickly.

Rarely do I say this, but PA is probably not the optimal place for this complaint. There is probably a place where more bookie-players mingle that would give better responses.

My gut feeling is that - because it is so clearly in their rules - it is probably a legitimate non-payment.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)