Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #116
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
This doesn't really belong in this thread but it doesn't warrant one of its own and since my patience extends to page one and the new guy asking about mutuel clerks betting was the next closest thing and I didn't want to derail that one so soon in its evolution, so here we are.

How's this for customer satisfaction. At Turf Paradise today and a guy that I assume had never been there and was lucky to have his choice of pretty much any table in the facility to seat himself and the family. At one point he's just pacing the floor between grandstand seating and the cheesy Capitol OTB style partitioned private school desk sized area with a television best used as a paperweight in 2017 all to yourself.

Poor guy is looking mighty lost. I finally catch his eye where I was sitting and he asks "where do I make a bet?" I start to point in the direction of the dozen vacant self-serve machines strewn about but quickly realize he's the sort of guy that's looking for a teller to help him out. So I look there. Nope. Not a teller working the line. Granted, there is usually only one there manning the handful or so of windows that exist for decoration on days which don't feature a Triple Crown race or the Breeder's Cup. But still.

I finally just told the guy they don't want him to bet. Then I cussed like a fool for a few sentences detailing my thoughts on a few choice people. Imagine that, you finally get a new customer not just to bet the horses but to even show up for your live races. And he needs a map and a sherpa to locate a teller with whom he can place a bet. Fantastic work guys.
Very frustrating JHB....

Very sorry to hear that. Unacceptable.

If I wrote this, I am sure Superpickle would come in and destroy it as unreasonable. Glad you said it, now he'll ignore it.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)