Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
proximity

rose bowl really smells like boo boo....

i lose with trip sevens.

i lose with a set of sevens.

i lose with trip aces.

i lose with a set of fours.

three hours and twenty six minutes into the game i win with AA to drag my first pot of the year.

welcome to the 2016 proximity poker tour!!

it's new year's day and i'm at the beautiful horseshoe baltimore in 3/6 limit hold 'em company.

i'm getting crushed worse than iowa in the rose bowl and the game is moving slower than an obese snail climbing a mountain.

the entire table is generally slow but one player, who is a dead ringer for the late, great george plimpton, really takes the cake.

the paper lion repeatedly checks when there's a bet to him and likes to wait until it's his turn to act to study his cards. and the fact that he's pounding heineken's like there's no tomorrow can't be helping.

in the ten minutes between hands i think of breaking out my good will hunting boston accent and asking the paper lion if he finds it haad to hide the fact that he's gay.

i figure when the rest of the poker room comes at me with burning torches and pitchforks i can appease them by holding up my hands and saying that "hey i don't care if he putts from the rough."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftl_ckcpZgY

in the end i imagine the whole thing going over like a lead balloon so i instead opt to just keep quiet and take a series of power naps in the seemingly interminable gaps between hands.

i can deal with the bad beats, the sky high variance, and even the slow play.

"that's poker." as "they" stoically say.

but some of these hands like KT in the highjack against almost the whole table.... i just don't know?

flop AKx. checks around.

turn: J

this time the paper lion doesn't check but suddenly bets out from early position. (of course he only throws $3 in the pot on a $6 street, but whatever )

the action folds around to me and i call as does the button and small blind.

river: x.

the small blind checks, the paper lion checks, i check, but now the button suddenly bets out.

the small blind calls, the paper lion folds faster than a housekeeper on speed, and i call and flip over the KT.

the button stares at my hand.

he stares at the board.

he stares at my hand.

he mucks his hand.

the small blind stares at the table.

the small blind flips over A7.

towards the end i do drag a pot with KK so we're 1-0 on the season with the cowboys.

but that's pretty much the highlight of the game.

game -144 (3/6 lim)
year -144 (0-1)
kk 1-0 (1-0)
promo chips 65 (65)
end of day tier credits 372 (40,000 needed for diamond aspirations 1)

Last edited by proximity; 01-09-2016 at 08:02 PM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)